Thursday

Mixed media eye on canvas


Mixed-media-eye-on-canvas

After doing so many eye sketches in my sketchbooks, I decided to challenge myself to go bigger and do a mixed media eye on canvas. This eye was painted a 16 x 16 canvas.


The base of the canvas was covered with crumpled wrapping tissue for texture. Then I went in with acrylic paints, watersoluble crayons, gesso and stencils before drawing/painting my eye.


At first, I struggled with blending the paint colours to create the depth in the eye. Then I went in with old faves - paint markers and acrylic ink-filled waterbrushes and it somehow came together....after a while. I think. *winks*

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

lavina agarwal said...

wow..its awesome! so much depth in the eyes..looks real!

SD pooja said...

Its Awesome !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This looks amazing! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

It looks like a photo. Amazing job!

Lisa said...

I am in awe!! It's the most realistic eye I've seen!! Wow!! This is spectacular!! Love the colors and texture, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

WOW your AMAZING..

Suman Pandit said...

Awesome ....stunning ....gorgeous Yvonne !!love the background too <3

Neha said...

This is awesome! So realistic

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, WOW! You are amazing! I am always so floored at the depth and soul you create in your paintings! This is going to look amazing on your canvas wall!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It