Wednesday

Miniature bottle - mixed media style... :)


Mixed-media-on-upcycled-bottle

So last week, I shared with you my first decorated miniature bottle. Since I had another empty gin bottle, I decided to decorate another. :) [For those of you who were curious about the number of mini bottles I took from the plane..2 gin, 1 whiskey...and I only drank one on the plane plus lots of water and juice...alcohol is really dehydrating...especially at high altitudes...a girl's gotta look good after a long flight...*winks*].


I started with some crepe paper for texture...then added metallic paints. When that dried, I added Golden glass bead gel for extra texture.


I added some washi tape at the top to cover up some gel medium marks [washi tape makes a great concealer for mishaps!]. Then added a layer of Golden gold mica flakes for sparkling texture. Some pearls and a gold button helped to "finish" the project. :)


P/s: Come play along with my guest Tone-Lill's aluminium foil challenge and the challenges at Let's Get Trendy Now!3. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

22 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This showed up in my reader and caught my eye. It is absolutely gorgeous!! Love your work!

Ashley Horton said...

This is so pretty Yvonne!! Love the colors you created on the bottle!

Virginia L. said...

So creative and inspiring, Yvonne! You make me want to up-cycle everything!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are awesome!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and the textures!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I love the added texture with the crepe paper. Fab idea!

Shylaashree said...

fabulous dear

Unknown said...

Lovely lovely texture as usual.You have such an eye for colour.Love every colour combo you use.

Hussena said...

This looks so pretty and totally adorable..Love the upcycled mini bottle :)Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do ..Have missed out on quite a lot of post :)

SD pooja said...

Super gorgeous bottle ! I loved the wonderful textures it has and was hoked on the gold flakes,look fab and the pearls too !

Genevive said...

such an attention getter kind of bottle! haha.. love the golds :)

Shahrul Niza said...

WOW, what gorgeous lil bottle!!. I did this once, you really are making me so giddy with excitement now, girl!. LOL. INSPIRING!. Loving the texture :). Okay, I'll get busy now! HUGS.

Sherry Eckblad said...

WOWZA, You amaze me with what you can do with items I normally throw out.

Unknown said...

Inspired by your projects I have started collecting junk and coaxing my friends too for the same.This bottle is equally pretty.i love dthe previous one too and thought nothing can be better than this and then you added so much of texture and fun things to this one and made it a masterpiece.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Yvonne, this is just gorgeous!! I am loving your mini bottles!! The texture and colors are fabulous!! A work of art!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

What a cute little bottle!

Tone-Lill said...

Another stunning bottle.It looks great with all the different textures, and I love the blingy and shiny decor...it looks fab !!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So inspiring!!! I would love to try this!!

Sandie said...

I have seen a few bottles being revamped of late Yvonne and they look fabulous!!! I love yours... and must do one myself somewhere down the line.... so gorgeous!

Lynnda said...

So pretty and I totally love the way it turned out!!! Gorgeous choice of colours too!!! nice.... hugs...x

Rose said...

girl this is gorgeous!!!

so glad you said how much you drank on the plane as i was wondering how you walked off!! lol

Ella Swan said...

These are cute - you could add some bubble-bath & you have instant great gifts!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Another fun decorated bottle-- LOVE the colors-- very bold and masculine but still with some feminine feel with the pearls:) Fab job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It