Wednesday

Aluminium foil art with Tone-Lill Angelskar!




My guest today is the super talented Tone-Lill Angelskar of Ark of Paper. Her style is a departure from the cookie-cutter projects typical of crafters who use coordinated lines from a single manufacturer. I love that she is fearless in her approach to her art and creates textured layers in unusual ways. A fellow upcycler - she often incorporates found objects in her creations. The result is an array of unexpected and inspiring projects bound to leave you yearning for more. Today she shares her unique way of using aluminium foil to create her embellishments. She is also hosting a challenge with a RAK for one lucky player!

Let's first admire her gallery of work...






Hello , I'm Tone-Lill and I'm so honored to be a guest here at Yvonne's blog Do more with Less.  I don't  think I have a certain scrapbooking style, but I  do like colourful projects,try out new things, play with different mediums and see where it takes me. Usually I'm miles behind every one else in trying out the latest  news on the market :P. What I enjoy most is the opportunity to be creative and create and at the same time treasure memories and events in an artsy way. 



I'm a mom to two, a boy 18 and a girl 11 (going on 20) lol. I have always liked to create and make artsy stuff since I was little. Cutting, gluing playing with colours and paint.  I grew up just outside Bergen in Norway, but I have lived in England for the past 7 years. It is mostly the children you will find on my LOs as  I think it's a nice way to treasure moments in their lives  by "scrapping" them into memories.



It's  funny how small the world has become. Scrapbooking is not only a passion we share with our nearest friends and family, but through blogging we can reach to all corners of the world. So thanks again to Yvonne who let us all connect by doing what we love most; scrapbooking and making paper projects. 



2 things I really enjoy when Scrapbooking is to make my own background and use items not meant for scrapping. Upcycling different items is fun to do and gives a more personal touch to your scrapbooking. Here I have used  aluminium foil, upcycled a cup cover and cut outs from a cereal box, and stars cut from black craft foam( kiddie stuff lol) + one corrugated craft star.



After I had used stencils with pewter  Distress stain and  gesso to add some more pattern to the background paper, I covered all the stars with the aluminum foil and carefully made impression pattern on them with a blunt pencil. Then I spread out the cork letters, added a tiny bit of glossy accent  on them and cover  the top with aluminum foil. Carefully  I made letter impressions in the foil. You can now leave it like this by keeping the cork letters in the foil, but if you want to create a melted metal look, like here, remove the letter carefully. I filled the letter impression with glue from glue gun, let it cool down and cut the letters apart, leaving a bit  of foil around the edges.


Next step was to cover the cup cover, I did it back to front to keep the diagonal impression visible. Don't cover the underside completely as the foil can rip when glued. It is better to glue on to the materials you are using.


The foil letters were glued on top with glossy accentsand I worked  the foil edges in to blend with the surface. For colour effect I first used black Pro marker and added blue Cosmic Shimmerz.


Then it was time to finish the LO and this is what it looks like.



Now it is your turn to give it a try to create a paper project using aluminium foil and at least 2 upcycled items. Love to see what you come up with  ;) A big Thank you to Yvonne for having me as a guest this month, I truly have enjoyed it :D 
____________________________________



Bet you are looking at your kitchen aluminium foil in a different light right about now, eh? Ready to play along with Tone-Lill's challenge? Please link your newly created projects featuring the use of aluminium foil + at least 2 upcycled items via Inlinkz [located at the end of the post] by Friday July 5, 11.55pm (GMT +8) for your chance at the lovely RAK courtesy of Tone-Lill. :)



As always, please leave a little love for my guest Tone-Lill. :)









Share/Bookmark

Pin It

15 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What amazing projects Tone-Lil creates...totally inspiring:):):) sooo glad she's here to share her awesome work....that foil looks incredible:):) Hope I can find time to join in:):):):)

Unknown said...

Great project and what a coincidence.I have been messing around with aluminium foil for tha last few days too.lol.The coffee sleeve looks awesome with the foil.

Lynnda said...

YAY for Tone... woohooo.... Brilliant idea!!!

Your layout is stunning ... as you knew it.. I love your creations!!! Very inspiring indeed!..... hugs...x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing layout!!! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She is AMAZING!! WOW!! I am IN LOVE with what she did with that foil!! WOW!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, that's fabulous! I love this.

chillin with Quillin said...

what neat creations with foil !!!
Paula

SD pooja said...

Fabulous LO ..and what an amazing way to use aluminum foil..Thanks a lot for sharing this different approach !

Cindy deRosier said...

What a neat technique!

sandi said...

Fabulous! Looks amazing! Saw this beauty on her blog....I was amazed instantly!

Lisa said...

What gorgeous layouts!! The foil technique is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ashley Horton said...

What a great technique, and gorgeous work by Tone-Lill!!

jeanie g said...

Love the way you utilised such an eclectic mix and made them your own. Will definitely be having a play with this!

Ella Swan said...

Lovely ideas! Thanks for sharing Tone!!

Tone-Lill said...

Thank you ladies for all wonderful comments :) x

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It