Wednesday

Add banners to your projects with Anupama Choudary!





My guest today the the talented Anupama Choudary of Scrapbooks from India. Her style is graphic and bold, indicative of her design background and chockfull of fabulous textures which she achieves with mediums and embellishments. There are always unexpected and beautiful details on her pages. Today she shares with us her fave technique of adding banners to pages. She's also hosting a challenge with a fabulous RAK for the winner! :)

But first, let's drool over her beautiful gallery, shall we?





Hi there! I am Anupama Choudary from Hyderabad, India. I am married to an actor and we have two beautiful kids, Saanvi (7) and Karishnu (5).
I am a trained Interior Designer and did my Masters in Business Administration. I love being a stay-at-home mom and working from my home studio, Once Upon A Time. I make artist-edition scrapbooks and frames on order for local clients. I am honored to be a Design Team member of Inkido (Papercraft Scandinavia)Scrap for Help andBerry71Bleu in 2013. I would describe my style as 'Artsy Grunge'. However, if my daughter wants a 'pretty' page, I make one :) You can see more of my work at Scrapbooks from India. 
Thank you, Yvonne, for having me and visiting your blog has always been a pleasure.


I'd like to share a fun tutorial about one of my favourite techniques - adding a banner to my scrapbook pages! I always love to find innovative ways to include it on my layout. Here are some -

1.  A banner layered with corrugated paper and G45 papers

    
2. A Doily banner

    
3. A Chipboard-stringed Banner
    


4. A banner made out of trinkets from the dollar store!
   

5. An alpha banner
    

6. A banner made from scraps - simply distress and layer!
    


Finally, the layout I made for 'Do More with Less' - A Clothesline Banner
   


STEP 1: I picked interesting scraps of patterned paper from my Inkido stash and shaped them into pennants.



STEP 2: I added to the string a Prima clothespin and some blooms. 


STEP 3: I cut vintage pictures from a 12x12 sheet and 'hung' them on my clothesline.

STEP 4: I embellished the banner with bling, buttons, stamps and paint. 

There you have it, folks! An easy peasy way to add interest and movement to your pages :)
Now for my challenge - Make a Scrapbook layout /altered art with a BANNER. You can use paper, cardstock, burlap, fabric...the sky is the limit!
Play along to win this RAK from me.


Ready to play along? Please link your newly created layout/altered art featuring a banner via Inklinz [located at the end of the post] by Friday April 5th, 11.59pm (GMT+8).

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Anupama.




Share/Bookmark

Pin It

20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love her creations! Just GORGEOUS!! I hope I can play along!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

I simply adore Anupama's work!! Thanks for showcasing it here! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

dstandard said...


What a fabulous display of talent! Love Anupama's Work!! Hugs to all!

MEGHA said...

wow too much to do with banners ,lovely .

Keren Tamir said...

Congrats Anupama!! I just love your work!! I might just have to play along!!

Ella Swan said...

Ooooh la la! LOVE the banner challenge & Anu is one of my FAVOURITE scrappers! So original!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yay Anupama - great to have a peek at a compilation of your work....I like the challenge....looks FUN:):):)

Hussena said...

Wow!! Anupama's work is just gorgeous ...really liked her banner challenge and her tutorial too !!...off to check out her work now :)

Unknown said...

Wow, exquisite projects!!! I have been on this page for 1/2 hour!!! Beautiful and captivating... thanks for the inspiration Anupama!!!!!!! I love the people who inspire you Yvonne!! hugs

Audrey Pettit said...

Love Anupama's gorgeous shabby, grungy, amazingly detailed style. And always LOVE a banner! So fun and so fabulous!

Annette Allen said...

congrats to Anupama... gorgeous layouts...

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous guest!!! Her pages are beautiful!

Cindy deRosier said...

I first "met" Anupama on Ideas for Scrapbookers. Her work is beautiful and so inspiring! Great choice for a guest artist.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed seeing all your page. I am a huge fan of banners but then again who isn't..

Hugs~

Alice said...

wow! Anupama's work is beautiful! love her style (since i can't seem to do grunge at all) and love those fun banners! thanks so much for the inspiration!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely beautiful work! And a fun challenge...now to go play :)

JulieJ said...

I'm working on a double page LO which I felt needed a banner. This will give me some ideas to jazz it up a bit.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, what fabulous projects!

Tone-Lill said...

So many great ways to add banners, love the way you created this LO. Thanks for sharing these fab ideas :)

Katy said...

These pages and banners are fabulous! I love the always on the move-that is so cute!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It