Friday

Escapade


Escapade

Escapade: a usually adventurous action that runs counter to approved or conventional conduct.

Today, October 15, is Blog Action Day. An annual event that unites the world's bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day with the aim of sparking a global discussion and driving collective action. This year's topic is water.

About 70% of the earth's surface is covered with water and most of it is the ocean. Like many of you, I am fortunate to have access to clean water. I showered this morning with clean running water. I filled my bottle today with clean water from the tap. For that, I am grateful. 

But for almost a billion people in poor developing countries, safe drinking water remains elusive. That means that 1 in 8 of us are being subject to preventable disease and death for something that most of us take for granted.

Let us take pause today to appreciate water by using it sparingly and thoughtfully..:)

I wish you a fabulous weekend and leave you with my card for Get Sketchy.... Patterned paper is from Prima. Alphas are from American Crafts. And a little flashback circa April 2009 (aka Amy Tsuruta's Flashback 3.0)...


This was my first challenge card that made Top 5 at Card Patterns.

P/s: Thank you so much for your comments on my last post Today is a gift. I'm truly humbled by your kind words. :)

Share/Bookmark
Pin It

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

thanks for sharing the water facts...it is truly sad how many countries continue to deal with a lack of safe drinking water...something that so many of us take for granted...

Thanks so much for playing in Flashback Friday 3.0! A Get Sketchy winner...so very appropriate for you...look at all those lovely details...excellent colors and embellies...something that still rings true in your style today! Thanks so much for playing with Flashback Friday 3.0!!!

Laurel said...

Great cards today!

Jocelyn said...

Oh how perfect are these!11 You did a Fabulous job and I will certainly be aware of the water use...I always am!!!

Thanks for the love you sent me!!! I can always count on support from you!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card Yvonne!!! LOVING the stitching!!! And loving your first card too! WOW!! That is AMAZING!!! What a great topic to discuss! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dora said...

This is an amzing card love all the little images and the other ..wow the stitching is fab!

Rose said...

oh my goodness!! your first challenge card is beautiful :) love the colors and that butterfly!! so glad you joined us on FBF :)

laterg8r said...

love that card - so sweet :D

Karen B. said...

Great card design on your first and your second, I can see why you've gotten where you are today!

Lynnda said...

totally with you....when I was living in Spore... I seems not to care about using water... but over here in Melbourne... we have water restriction stage 3... so we got be careful not to waste!... but I'm not complaining about that..as at least the tap is safe for drinking!!...

Both cards are simply beautiful... your first challenge card is REAL gorgeous...

have a nice weekends...xoxo..

dstandard said...

This is fabulous - you know how much I LOVE color! I put my name in the hat there too!

Casey Wright said...

LOVE this card! Also, I can really appreciate what you say about the water... I think we take those kinds of things for granted too easily... It's good to be reminded of just how luck we are... :)

Linda Beeson said...

Your cards are great, love the squares on the first one.

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It