Wednesday

Grandparents


Supplies: Patterned paper: Websters' Pages (base), K & C0 (photo mat), Stamps: Inkadinkado, Chipboard letters: American Crafts, Others: Ribbon, buttons, paper flowers, lace.

This months's challenge at Scrap Inspire Create is up! It is a fun pick & mix challenge where you choose a theme and pick an item from each of the DT member's list. My layout features my maternal grandparents in one of the few studio shots they took together. I kept close to my theme of vintage and chose lace, ribbon, buttons and stamping...I stamped those birds in the background...the "lone" button is actually 2 buttons layered on top of each other....I tried the pleated ribbon technique...it wouldn't stay down so I handstitched it to the paper...which took forever...it didn't occur to me to iron the pleats until after....so silly of me...lol.

*Edited* I won the challenge at Create with this layout! :) Pin It

6 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful layout!

debra@dustjacket said...

So pretty, I love the berries too, nice touch of colour!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!LOve what you did with the ribbon and that paper is gorgeous!

Maggi said...

This is beautiful Y! You have been rocking the old photos lately, I love it! The ribbon pleating is fabulous!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous Yvonne...that vintage photo is sooooo fabbie!

laterg8r said...

i'm feeling your pain with the stitched pleats - never thought to iron them though, good tip!

great layout - love the vintage photo :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It