Monday

Another mixed media girl in my art journal...;)


Another-mixed-media-girl-in-my-art-journal

Purists say that mixed media is for those with short attention spans because they can't decide on which medium to focus on so they play with whatever catches their eye. I think that people who dabble in mixed media want to best of all worlds so everything gets thrown into the mix! *winks*


Well, that's my story for this mixed media girl in my art journal. *LOL*

I started her with coloured pencil sketch, then went in with watercolours and soft pastels on her face.


After a few coats of workable fixative (to fix the pastels), I went in with Prismacolor pencils to define the features and Faber Castell Gelatos for the cheeks and highlights.

The hair was painted with Liquitex ink in a brush pen and the background was coloured with Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble crayons.


I finished off with a white Molotow paint marker for the highlights in the eyes and used Prismacolor pencils to suggest movement in the hair.

P/s: So I really do use my art supplies and not just collect them! 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Lynn said...

This mixed media face is amazing. You did a good job with all the mediums you used...unbelievable! I have a lot of supplies but I don't experiment much and blend them together. I love how you let her hair flow into the next page and her eyes are hypnotizing. You are so talented!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING her eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful ,looks like she is thinking may about number of mediums used .. !!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omword! She is uhhhmazing! I have no idea how to use all those art supplies, haha! But I adore your mixed media approach, my friend! Stunning!

Lisa said...

Wow, she's absolutely stunning!! You mixed mediums perfectly!! Absolutely gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful job! I never would have guessed you used so many different media to make her.

Suman Pandit said...

The eyes are amazing Yvonne ...and I love that purple to frame her !!

Lizzy Hill said...

My theory is that MM girls like the MM 'cos it means they can buy lots of different and varied supplies!!!! Much more fun to mix it up! Love your girly :):)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It