Tuesday

Get grungy with Erika Taylor!




My guest today is layer queen Erika Taylor of Taylord Concepts! I "met" Erika last year through Gauche Alchemy and I'm a fan of her super textured and layered style. She's a master with glimmer mists and paints.... and mixes the grungy and the pretty oh so very well. Erika's hosting a challenge and daring all of us to play along! With a fabulous prize for the winner! :) Game? Read on...

Let's have a look at her cool creations!






************************************************************

There is something so freeing and truly beautiful about sitting down to create. Whether a paper card or a canvas, it does not matter. What matters is the freedom and fulfillment you get while you create.
Hi Everyone, I’m Erika Taylor and I’m so blessed to have this opportunity to share with you a little of my artistic life with you on Yvonne’s blog. I am so thankful for the chance and was tickled pink when Yvonne asked me to contribute. A little about me, I’m a wife to a wonderfully supportive and loving man Mark, who always comments about my crafting and notices when I change things up. I’m a mom to two wonderful children who love spending time in my craft room with me. I have always loved crafting ever since I was a wee girl. Making paper clip jewelry to construction paper fridge art, if I could create something, I would. My mother is very artistic and I’m blessed to have received that gift from her.
I started out 3+ years ago creating cards and was instantly hooked. The options were astounding and I loved how things just came together. I’m a layer queen and love piling layer after layer after layer onto a project. This is where my design team days started and I’ve been so super duper fortunate to be on some amazing teams over the past 2 years. Currently I am on the Nikki Sivils, Helmar Adhesive, Tattered Angels, Kiki Art, Say it With Letters, Frantic Stamper, Really Reasonable Ribbon, and PSA Essentials design teams. I’ve guest designed for quite a few great companies as well and I’m looking forward to guesting with Sparkle N Sprinkle as well as Darkroom Door soon.

Now back to my journey, I then started branching out to altered art and I’m more in love with creating now than ever before. Mixing Glimmer Mists, paints and art mediums is my big thing right now and thanks to being on the Tattered Angels Design team, I get to experiment a LOT!!! Pair that with being a glue nut (thanks Helmar) and you’ve got yourself a bonified CRAFT JUNKIE!!! What can I say, I love being busy and when I’m under the gun and have a bunch of deadlines, and I work really well.
I never plan a project ahead of time, I just let the cards fall where they may. When it is done, IT’S DONE!!! I don’t over think and I’ve been blessed with an eye for color. (again thank you mom ~hugs~). 

With all that said, I’ve got a challenge for all of you. I want to see a project from you that gets down and dirty!!! Something that is distressed, drippy, paint splatters and all. Try mixing those Glimmer Mists and crackle paints. If you come up with mud, go with it!!! And Yvonne I dare you to play along!!! I wanna see you rock out a grungy project. Like dirty, grungy Nirvana!!! Come on, you can do it.
 
For a little inspiration, a little Grunge Project from Lil Me.


*************************************************************

Is Erika daring me to try grunge???? It's time to bring out the big guns.....[dramatic music plays in the background] ...as in my paints and paintbrushes...*LOL* Will you join me? Link up your distressed creations using InLinkz (located at the end of the post) by Friday, February 25.

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Erika. :)

Share/Bookmark


Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wooooooooooooo to the Hoooooooooooooooooo! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ERIKA and her work! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Blossom inch said...

her work is amazing...welcome to Yvonne's blog....

Lynnda said...

woohoo... Erika is amazing indeed... me the cheeky gal...will try to join in the fun...you know...am a big fan of your blog...hugs..xoxo

Dora said...

Her work is stunning!

Mel said...

Wow I love her stunning work, how wonderful working for Darkroom Door I love their stuff, will try to join in to and get my thinking cap on. Love Melxx

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous....wowza...I love her work!!!

Have a great one!!!

Alice said...

wow! really cool! Erika's style is amazing. thank you so much for introducing us to such a wonderful artist, Yvonne!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh gees, another hard one for me. I guess that is why these are called challenges ;>) I sooooo meant to play along with the PP one - I have found very little time to craft lately! The side effects of too much snow and a little one who has decided yet again that he does not need to sleep!

Isha Gupta said...

Thanks Yvonne for this great opportunity to get me out of my comfort zone. Erika, I love your work...thanks a ton for inspiration and the Challenge. It was fun to play along.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It