Thursday

Driving

Do you like to drive? I do. I know a lot of people drive just to get to places. I love the driving experience. Especially when I'm alone. Just cruising and singing along to the music on the stereo. I suppose that it does help that I live on a small island and it takes probably an hour to drive from one end to the other. Along with the joys of driving, there are some things I don't like about driving... Can you relate?

1. Meeting drivers on the road who overtake you, then proceed to drive very very SLOWLY. I'm not a speed demon nor a road hog and honestly can't understand why any driver would want to do this. Totally unnecessary and extremely irritating.

2. Meeting pedestrians who cross the street 5 metres away from the pedestrian crossing, then give you the EVIL eye when you honk to warn them that you are approaching.

3. Wondering why there is a jam on the highway I'm on when the accident that just occurred is in the opposite direction.

4. Meeting drivers who drive exceedingly SLOW in the fast lane.

5. Meeting drivers who drive with their signal lights blinking for a really LONG time. This really drives me crazy somehow.

6. Meeting drivers who swerve in and out of traffic like they are Formula One drivers.

7. Meeting drivers who constantly step on their brakes when it's apparent that there is no obvious obstacle ahead.

8. Meeting pedestrians who cross the road extremely SLOWLY when the green man is blinking (This excludes old folks and people with children) and I'm trying to make a turn.

9. Meeting drivers who don't turn on their headlights when driving at night.

10. Tailgating.

11. Cyclists who want to be both MOTORISTS and PEDESTRIANS. All rules are in their favor.

12. Meeting drivers who cut into your lane without signaling their intentions thus forcing you to jam your brakes.

13. Pedestrians who cross behind a car when it is REVERSING.

Inspired by Thursday 13. Pin It

17 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

wonderful :)

I dont drive but while being driven, I have noticed :)

Have a great Thursday!

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-rights-to-living-life.html

Alice Audrey said...

I used to like driving. I still like road trips.

sanely insane said...

so one fine morning when the traffic is slow but steady one motorcyclist decides that the safe way to drive is to honk after every five metres irrespective of whether there is somebody in front of him or not...and since the bugger was driving along with cars u can guess how slow he was driving...

had to live with his honking for a whole 300 mtr stretch before i could go past...to this day i ask myself why didnt i stop and ask him who his driving teacher was

p.s. he wasn't even honking in tune

p.p.s u missed the ppl with high beams...

Sue said...

Interesting list idea! I take the bus so cannot really relate, but do get a lot of what you are saying. Happy TT and thanks for the visit :)

Mia Celeste said...

Sometimes it's great to just get in the car and go--just drive. Happy TT!

Hazel said...

I can relate with most of them but luckily I've never been yet that pissed off on the road. I love to drive, but only on the expressway. Speed and rock music make me high :-)

Carleen said...

#3 makes me absolutely crazy! Why is it that the lookie loos on the north side of the freeway slow down when the accident is on the south side? Makes no sense to me at all!

Happy Thursday to you.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, it'd be much nicer if we all respected each other and remembered that we're all in it together.

I am Harriet said...

Yep. I can totally relate.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/13-best-places-to-live-in-usthursday-13.html

Chris said...

great post! happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I feel the frustration!

PopArtDiva said...

My TT was actually on 13 Things that Tweak My Brat-itude on Twitter! but I actually just posted a bit about road trips too at The PopArtDiva Blog (Bye Chrysler - Remembering Classic American Cars & Road Trips of the Past) and thanks for stopping by there!

JO said...

oh yes! I can totally relate as we love to go on road trips!

Here's mine

Tracey said...

I can relate! Traffic in our area is pretty heavy - I try to avoid driving during certain hours of the day!

Kristen said...

I think all drivers have felt frustrated by one or more items on your list. I feel bad for those people who have to commute by car every day.

Celticlibrarian said...

I've never been a huge fan of driving. Mind you #5 always makes me say "Obviously, they're going around the world to the left (or right.)"

storyteller said...

I can relate to many of the things you've listed here. Fortunately I don't spend much time driving any more ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It